Criteria | Submissions & Guidelines
The Hunting Art Prize is open to artists who are legal residents of Texas. Entrants must be at least 18 years of age or older by August 1, 2012.
The Hunting Art Prize is a traditional painting and drawing competition. The general guidelines for submitting work for the competition are as follows:
- Only two-dimensional paintings or drawings will be considered (no collage, photography, printmaking, found object, or computer-generated works are allowed in the competition).
- Artists may only submit a single piece of work. Diptychs and triptychs are allowed, but the pieces must be attached as a single unit.
- Submissions cannot exceed 72 inches on any side (including frame, if any).
- The work must have been completed within three years prior to November 30, 2012.
- Deadline for entry is midnight on Friday, November 30, 2012.
Artists who wish to enter must complete an electronic sign up form and include a digital file that represents the work being submitted. This file must be in JPEG format and should be no less than 1MB and no greater than 2MB in size.
After the submissions have been reviewed to ensure compliance with contest rules, a panel of jurors will evaluate the digital files and select the individuals to be considered by a second jury. Those chosen individuals will then be asked to submit the original artwork represented in their digital file submission.
The second jury panel will then determine the winner, who will be announced at the Hunting Art Prize gala on May 4, 2013.
For specific information on the terms and conditions of entering the Hunting Art Prize,